Messina Day Tour
Messina is a port city for cruise ships and also serves as a launching point for the excursions that start in the city and stretches along the coast of Taormina, Castelmola, and Tyndaris. It is a capital of Province of Messina, and the third largest city on the island and 13th largest in Italy.
It is a big, busy and traffic-clogged city. There are a few sights worth checking out when in the region. Sicily Tour Services offer custom-made Messina Tours. We let you explore the perfectly preserved medieval town perched on a terraced hillside. You get a multilingual, professional local guide that will ensure you get to see everything around. A neat and clean remains at your dispense throughout making the excursion smooth and hassle-free.
The city has been often associated with its disasters. Our Messina Tour let you explore all the famous sites of the region.The list includes:
- The Cathedral: It contains the remains of King Conrad, the ruler of Germany and Sicily in 13th century. The style of the cathedral resembles both the Basilica of Saint Nicolas and the Cathedral at Bari.
- The Sanctuary of Santa Maria Del Carmelo: Built in 1931, it contains the statue of Virgin Mary.
- The Sanctuary of Montevergine: Within, the incorrupt body of Saint Eustochia Smeralda Calafato is preserved.
- The Church of Santa Maria Degli Alemanni: It was formerly a chapel of the Teutonic Knights. Now it is a rare example of pure Gothic architecture in Sicily.
Other worth visiting sites in our package includes:
- Botanical Garden Pietro Castelli
- Palazzo Calapaj
- Porta Grazia
- Fountain of Orion and Neptune
- Four Fountains
- Senatory Fountain
- Galleria d’Arte Contemporanea di Messina
We are keen to customize Messina Tour package for you. Get in touch with us for more details on the car rentals, package itinerary and other queries you have. You can call us or fill our online forms for free quotes.
(Price are per person)